The ALCTS Exchange virtual poster session offers the opportunity to share and promote work, research, and ideas across the Exchange’s topical themes: new roles and workflows, creative problem solving, creating connections with user communities, and building skills to prepare for the future. We are especially interested in highlighting work that addresses the intersections of collections and technical services and diversity and inclusion.
The ALCTS Exchange will include two poster presentation opportunities:
- A poster lightning round session on May 11, wherein each presenter will have five minutes to speak, followed by a Q&A discussion forum.
- A virtual poster collection and discussion forum available to Exchange registrants. File formats are not limited to static documents and presenters are encouraged submit videos and other types of media files. If you would like to submit a recorded video for the virtual poster collection, the ALCTS office will be available to assist with your recording.
Allowable file formats for live lightning round presentations include:
- Handouts/Downloadable materials: PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, ZIP
- Multimedia (Video and/or audio): SWF, MP3, MP4, F4V
- Presentation Slides: PPT, PPTX, JPEG, GIF, PNG
We want to hear what you’ve been up to, and learn from your experience. The lightning round session and virtual poster collection are an excellent opportunity to share work and projects that are just getting started or still evolving.
The ALCTS Virtual Exchange Working Group strongly encourages proposals from people who belong to communities that are underrepresented in librarianship and in the conversation about librarianship. Students and early career professional are also encouraged to submit proposals.
Ready to submit your proposal? Complete the Virtual Poster Presentation Proposal Form before the March 17 deadline.